Alas…I am a dullard!! So, I attempted to create SLurl links to the venues within Second Life that I am performing in on the Schedules Page…they worked yesterday and today, they actually take me to REAL LIFE places. I have learned that there really IS a city called Kokomo and there is a Bourton Village in the UK…wow…i did not know that.
So, here is what I need…I need a Rubio-esque Instruction Manual on how to create a link from this site to inworld activities. *i just read his entry on how to make pickles on his bloggy blog* If someone, can please help me with that…I do not understand the workings of HTML. *sniff*
Here is what I did so maybe it will help to make it more obvious what my error is:
- i typed the location name into my blog
- i highlighted the text
- with text highlighted i clicked on the *hyperlink* symbol in the editor window
- i typed in the following into the link portion: secondlife://location/x/y/z
- i selected save
- before leaving the window i hit CTRL-click on mouse and it took me to automatically launch SL. *i teared up i was so happy that it appeared to work. any techie success i have i am thrilled by…now one day i’ll understand recursive algorithms*
- once that was complete, i selected *publish* and thought all was well with the world
- upon logging into the actual page tho’…and selecting the highlighted linky portion…it took me directly to a REAL LIFE website.
Any further assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you sooooooooo much. 😀